DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Operates three, or four-axle tractors pulling trailers of varying lengths, and other equipment as directed.
- Pickup and deliver freight on time as directed by supervisor.
- Acts as a company representative while meeting with customers in all job-related capacities.
- Relays vital customer service information to immediate supervisor or management as needed.
- Maintains a pleasant manner and is diplomatic, courteous and communicates well with customers, and others.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned by dispatch or other management.
- Maintains thorough understanding of, and complies with all company operating procedures, safety standards, and other policies.
- Two years of experience driving similar equipment.
- Valid Class A CDL.
- Proof of good health with no limitations on jobs related to pushing, pulling, and lifting requirements, etc.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug test.
- Verifiable references.
- No convictions of serious violations in the past five years to include DUI, speeding 15 mph over, following too close, erratic lane changes, reckless/careless driving.
- No violations in the past three years to include multiple license suspensions or more than 3 moving violations in past 3 years.
- No record of more than 2 preventable accidents/incidents in the past 3 years.
- Ability to handle a semi-tractor and trailer(s) with safety and efficiency as demonstrated by road test (s).
- Other qualifications as described in section 391.11 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Continued insurability with our insurance provider.
- Clean and neat appearance.
- 22 years of age or older.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- General knowledge of Department of Transportation and other regulatory bodies governing the transportation industry.
- General knowledge of various types of equipment, equipment maintenance, and safety requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of commodity weight distribution and trailer loading procedures.
- Ability to maintain a good attitude in difficult circumstances.
- Ability to be timely, personable, and positive.
- Ability to complete all job-related paperwork neatly, timely, and correctly.
- Ability to operate company diesel transportation equipment with safety and efficiency.
Drivers must have the ability to:
- Spread and secure two 100 lb. tarps over a load at a height of 14 feet; pull the tarps off the load, onto the ground; secure loads with 3/8 or 1/2 inch chains.
- Withstand strain of sitting in the truck seat for up to ten hours a day, 60-70 hours per week.
- Withstand the physical, mental, emotional stress of demanding schedules, customer needs, and irregular hours.
- Enter/exit cabs and trailers safely at heights of 52 to 60 inches, using a "3-point stance".
- Respond alertly to heavy traffic in metropolitan areas, (i.e. Houston, Chicago).
- See and read mirrors quickly at a 90-degree angle, 8 feet away.
- All final decisions regarding qualifications and requirements are at the discretion of management.
- "On time" pick up and delivery bonuses
- Recruitment bonuses
- Driver safety bonuses
- Group health insurance
- Occupational accident insurance
How to Apply:
Note: We operate under Meadow Lark Transport's FMCSA Authority. This application is processed through their onboarding team.